The benefits provided by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to a consumer under Australian consumer laws.
- Who is giving this warranty: Interfree Pty Ltd (ABN 64 632 361 383) (we, us or our) gives this warranty. Our contact details are:
Address: 33 Glenvale Crescent, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170 Australia
Tel: +61 3 9239 2099
- What we will do at our cost: If your Interfree product, or any component of it, malfunctions during the warranty period (see below) due to defective components or workmanship, subject to the terms and conditions set out below, we will, at our option, at our cost, either:
- repair the defective product or component; or
- replace the defective product or component with the same or comparable product or component.
If we decide to repair the defective product or component, we will be responsible for the costs of repairs, spare parts and labour. Any defective product or component we decide to replace, and any defective component removed in the course of repairs, will become our property.
We will also pay for the costs of transporting the repaired or replacement product to you, using a means of transport/carrier of our choice.
There are some costs you may have to pay if you make a claim under this warranty: refer to section 6 below.
- Warranty period: The warranty period is one year from the date you purchase your product. Please keep your original invoice or sales docket for the product as proof of purchase. If we carry out any warranty work on your product or any component of it during the warranty period, that will not extend or renew the warranty period for the product, or for any replacement product or components that we provide as part of the warranty work.
- This warranty is not transferable: Only the original purchaser of our product (when purchased new from us, from a retailer or from an installer of the product) may rely on this warranty. It is not transferable to subsequent purchasers of the product.
- What you need to do to claim under this warranty: If you believe you have a claim under this warranty, please contact us by telephone or email using the contact details set out in section 1 If you email us, or leave a telephone message for us, please ensure you leave your name and your email address and/or a daytime telephone number so that we can contact you. Once we have made an initial assessment of your claim, we will let you know what action we will take. We may ask you to send us your original invoice or sales docket for the product as proof of your entitlement to make a claim.
- Costs you may have to pay: If you make a valid claim under this warranty, you will have to pay the costs of:
- removing (uninstalling) the product. If, by law, your product can only be removed or uninstalled by a qualified and licensed electrician or similar tradesperson, you will need to engage such a person to do so, at your cost;
- transporting or shipping the repaired or replacement product from your premises to us (at our address, as set out in section 1 above). We recommend that, where possible, you use the original packaging a product came in when returning it so as to minimise the risk of damage in transit; and
- re(-)installing the repaired or replacement product. If, by law, the repaired or replacement product can only be (re-)installed by a qualified and licensed electrician or similar tradesperson, you will need to engage such a person to do so, at your cost.
If, on inspecting your product, we determined that the product was not defective, or that any defect in your product was not covered by this warranty, we would let you know. In that case:
- you will have to pay the costs of transporting or shipping the product back to you, if you wanted the product returned. If you tell us you do not want the product returned, do not agree to pay return transport/shipping costs or you do not make arrangements to collect the product from us within 12 months after we notify you, the product will become our property (without our being required to pay you), and we may dispose of it at our discretion; and
- if you still wanted us to repair your product, you would also be responsible for the costs of the repair, including any applicable spare parts and labour.
We would let you know what the above costs were and seek your authorisation to charge you, before sending the product back to you or effecting any out of warranty repairs.
This does not limit your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- What is not covered by this warranty: This warranty does not cover or apply to any of the following:
- Any consequential or indirect loss, costs or damages or loss of data which you suffer or incur.
- The costs described in section 6
- Deliberate or negligent damage, or damage caused by failing to follow operating instructions.
- Products which have been stored incorrectly, used inappropriately, abused or misused.
- Products which are not specified by us as being suitable for outdoor use having been placed, installed or used outdoors.
- Damage caused by connection to the wrong voltage, power outages, electrical power surges or improper supply voltage.
- Any damaged caused by water or immersion of a product in water (except to the extent that the product has been used in a wet environment in accordance with our instructions).
- The failure of any “smart” product to operate, to the extent the failure is caused by the unavailability or inadequacy of, or interruption to, any internet, wi fi or power supply, service or connection which we specify is necessary for the proper operation of the product.
- Damage caused by acts of God (including but not limited to lightning, flood, cyclone, earthquake or unusually severe weather).
- The depletion or replacement of any consumable parts of our products (such as batteries).
- Damage caused by vermin or insects.
- Damage caused during the transportation of products (except where we arranged transport).
- Cases where no fault or defect in the product or its components could be found by us (in which case, please refer to paragraph 8 below).
- Products which have been installed by non-qualified persons (please note that by law, some of our products can only be installed by a qualified and licensed electrician or similar person).
- Products or their components which have been repaired or modified by anyone not authorised by us in writing.
- Your additional legal rights if you are a consumer: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.